You rely greatly on your water heater. You expect warm baths, hot dishwater, and clean clothes. If you want your water heater to work as it should, you need to take care of it. When you do, it can perform its job for at least the 15 years expected lifespan, often longer. HD Plumbing & Drain Cleaning we offer water heater installation, service & repair in Daytona Beach, FL.
Tips to Keep Your Water Heater in Great Shape
Like everything else, the better you care for your water heater, the longer it will last. These tips can help it run as efficiently as possible. We suggest you:
- Adjust the Thermostat – If you set it to 120 degrees, that is a reasonable temperature. It prevents scalding and saves you money.
- Keep the Area Clear – Don’t let the area around your water tank become piled up with debris or other things.
- Test the Temperature-Pressure Relief Valve – This should be done every year. Discharge it quickly 2 -3 times. Then check for small leaks.
- Have the Anode Rod Tested – If you can’t do this, have it done professionally. This should be done every 3 years.
- Buy Insulation – If your heater is an older model, consider buying an insulation jacket. Insulating your pipes can help too.
- Vacation Setting – When you go out of town, adjust the thermostat.
If we can provide water heater installation, service & repair in Daytona Beach, FL, contact HD Plumbing & Drain Cleaning at (386) 999-3299. We can do a routine check on your current hot water tank to ensure everything is working fine. If you need to replace your water tank, we can install that easily.