Even in Florida, cold days are upon us, and if you haven’t already done so, it is a good idea to winterize your home. If you check the list below, there may be some tips you haven’t thought of doing. You want your home to stay warm and save money if you can. At Heavy Duty Drain Cleaning LLC, we offer plumbing pipe repair and re-piping service in Painters Hill, FL. Winterizing your home can help prevent plumbing problems during cold weather.
Tips for Winterizing Your Home
Winterizing your home can equal significant savings on winter heating bills. The more your home is winterized, the better your furnace can heat it. Here are some helpful tips:
- Seal Any Cracks – Check around windows, doors, or other openings for cold air. If needed, caulk these areas to prevent drafts. Install weather stripping around your windows and doors.
- Protect Your Pipes – Insulating your pipes can help prevent them from bursting. When temperatures drop to freezing, let your faucet run slightly.
- Set Your Thermostat – Ensure your home is well insulated and set your thermostat to at least 65 degrees.
- Schedule Maintenance – Chimneys, furnaces, and boilers should be serviced annually to make sure they are ready for the winter season.
- Plastic on Windows – If your home has older windows buy plastic coverings to keep drafts down and prevent hot air from escaping. Heavy drapes can help too.
Taking the time to winterize your home can save you on bills and prevent problems such as burst pipes. If you have any plumbing problems contact Heavy Duty Drain Cleaning LLC today at (386) 999-3299 for plumbing pipe repair and re-piping service in Painters Hill, FL. You can work to prevent burst pipes if you can, but if it happens, we can help any time of day or night!